-->

15.1.14

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time [MOVIE] - Roxas

Hello all, coming at ya with a bit of a lighter anime. A movie in fact. This one is called "The Girl Who Leapt Through Time." I actually found this movie by accident, seeing an AMV that combined clips from Steins;Gate and this movie. The clips looked interesting, so I tried out the movie. I liked what I found quite a bit. This review will be short and sweet. Just go and watch this movie.

Premise - Pretty simple premise. Makoto Konno is just your average high school girl living in Tokyo, Japan. She mainly hangs out with her two friends, Kōsuke and Chiaki. Her aunt is an art restorer. That's pretty much it without spoiling anything.

Animation Style - The animation in this anime gives this the feel of a "classic." What I mean by this is when I was watching this show, it felt timeless. It could have been made 10 years ago, it could have been made last year (it was made in 2006, by the way). This style really added to this movie, and I found myself enchanted with the design of the world and characters.

Plot - This plot, while having moments of depth, is not that intricate. In fact, I found it quite simplistic. The fact is though, I liked it that way. This movie is a coming-of-age comedy. What is so amazing about this movie is how well it tells an old story that we have seen time and time again. The moral questions are nothing new, and you won't be blown away by any twists, but you will love this heart-warming story all the way through. I am not normally a fan of these kinds of movies, but it was done so well in this that I couldn't help but to love every minute of it. This is the first movie I have ever seen that I can define as an "instant classic," as the critics say.

Characters - The characters in this movie are funny, emotional, real, magical, and the strongest part of this film. Makoto is a joy to watch, and you will laugh and cry with her through all of her misadventures. The bonds she forges with her friends is something that would give even the hardest of hearts pause to adore the enchantment. All the characters, even the minor parts, feel like they have lives outside of this piece in time. I could watch a movie made around each of these characters and love to watch it. All that said, I think what makes the characters so amazing in this movie . . . is that they remind us of why a real and sometimes totally normal life is worth living (even if not all of their lives are normal).

Verdict - As I watched this, I found myself flashing back to fond childhood memories. Needless to say, this one did a number on me. I would recommend this to every single person I knew. This is a must-watch. Now go, stop reading this review, and see for yourself what a beautiful movie, no, what a beautiful experience this movie is. Watch it HERE! HD is highly recommended.

Score - 10/10 

+ Enchanting Characters
+ Makes a stale plot feel fresh and original
+ Timeless animation style
+++Pretty much everything

Wallpapers -

animedepot.net

animedepot.net

new-anime.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, click "older posts" to view more, or find reviews by particular reviewers from the top. Thanks! ~Wolfe