-->

11.1.14

My Top 5 Anime List - Roxas



Hey animeheads, Roxas here with a Saturday special. We've been reviewing anime for a few months now, so to give you a bit more perspective on where I am coming from, I am going to list my top 5 anime with short summaries for each of them.

#5 - Darker than Black 


Original Review Here.
My first review, so it isn't as good as the ones I post now.
Though this technically wasn't the first anime that I've ever watched, it was the one that got me hooked into this world, so I have to give this show some love. Darker than Black is about a world where great power carries great consequences. A high-octane show with excellent fight sequences and a strong plot, Darker than Black is a good introductory show if you aren't sure about diving into anime.

#4 - Steins;Gate


Original Review Here

Few anime are able to balance comedy, romance, suspense, and Hollywood level character development, but Steins;Gate manages to pull this off and add in time travel for good measure. A great show with characters that feel more real than any other anime I have seen. This show sets the standard for characters and character development. As I watch shows, I can't help but compare character development with Steins;Gate. A great drama that will keep you glued to your screen, I highly recommend this one.

#3 - Death Note 


Original Review Here

Looking for a good mystery? A psychological thriller? Supernatural thriller? How about the best of all three wrapped into one? Say hello to Death Note. To those who haven't seen this, the show is about a kid who finds a notebook that can kill people by writing down their name while imaging their face in your head. Because of this, a detective goes after him, the world's greatest detective I might add. With some of the smartest dialogue, humor, and plot twists around, Death Note will most certainly stand the test of time better than most anime.

#2 - Fate/Zero 


Original Review Here

This is the most well made anime I have ever seen. By far. It is the closest thing to the perfect anime that I've seen. Why number 2? This is my subjective opinion, and I preferred the world, plot, and characters in my number one to this anime. I would call Fate/Zero the "Lord of the Rings" of anime. Superior fantasy that exceeds its competitors in production value, acting, music, characters, and just about everything else. You NEED to watch this anime. If for nothing else, than to appreciate it as a work of art.

#1 - Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion (R2 included)


Original Review Here
I have never went from gaping to cheering to laughing to crying so many times before I watched this anime. What seemed at first to be a weaker season than the first gave the greatest ending to an anime that I have ever seen. Never have I been so satisfied with an ending while wishing for more all at the same time. This anime is a truly amazing work, and its ability to draw in crowds with diverse interests is one of its most impressive feats. Part sci-fi action, part drama, part comedy, part political drama, this anime has everything you could want. You'll definitely want to watch this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, click "older posts" to view more, or find reviews by particular reviewers from the top. Thanks! ~Wolfe