-->

15.11.13

Trigun - Demothis

Hello! I am Demothis and I have the honor of stealing Lorek's glory for doing the 42nd post.

Today I will be reviewing an older anime by the name of Trigun. It is a short(long by most of our members standards) anime consisting of 26 episodes that was created in 1998 and then later dubbed in English in 2003.



Plot
The story is set in the distant future where humans have essentially destroyed Earth and were forced to leave in order for the human race to survive. The planet that they have found is essentially a gigantic desert to which the western setting is made. It follows a man named Vash the Stampede; a legendary gunman worth $$60,000,000,000(something to note is that their currency seems to be even more valuable than our own US dollar) who is said to bring death and destruction wherever he goes.


Characters
I found that there was nobody that I especially hated. All the main characters have a decent amount of development. Vash on the other hand does not really have any development, rather you simply gain insight as to the kind of person he truly is and the things he stands for. One thing I did have a problem with though was that the villains did not really get much explanation or time within the show at all. There are even times where it almost gives the hint that they will give some story on one of the main antagonists of the series. It is like they were simply there.


Animation/Art
Due the it being an old anime it does not have that glossy feel that most newer anime seem to have. However, I find that this only adds to the charm and completes the whole western feel that it has going for it.




A pretty good example

I find that the lack of the glossy texture gives things a sort of rugged and worn look that western/desert settings should have. It looks a tad more natural in my opinion.


Overall
Overall, I give this anime an 8/10. I would give it a higher rating, but I find that it takes awhile to really start getting heated and the villains don't really have much going for them. Aside from that it has just the right touch of comedy and seriousness in the right places to add the development that is required for it to have an impact on the viewer.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, click "older posts" to view more, or find reviews by particular reviewers from the top. Thanks! ~Wolfe