-->

16.11.13

Woodpecker- Blood-C: The Last Dark

Woodpecker signing in. Today I bring to you my follow up on the series Blood-C. Blood-C: The Last Dark is essentially the sequel to the actual series itself. I would highly recommend watching this movie because it is both fun to watch and is very high quality in its animation style.

Overview:

Just like its prequel this movie is extremely bloody and gruesome. The fighting in it is very intense and will keep you on your feet. In my personal opinion this movie surpassed its anime series brother to extreme lengths. In this movie I didn't feel like I was waiting for something that wasn't going to happen, or was ever bored at any point.

Plot: 4/5

I gave this movie a plot of 4/5 because of the fact that the it followed the original structure of the series and still managed to make it entertaining. In this movie it follows the original story of Saya who tries to defeat these monsters called Elder Bairns. Elder Bairns are monsters that feed off of humans, and Saya is the only one of them that preys on her own kind. The whole purpose of this movie is to follow up on Saya's antagonizing lust for revenge against the man who betrayed her and turned her life into ruins. Throughout the movie there is lots of blood, guts, and all around gore following Saya and her faithful katana. 

During the movie I noticed that you start to see to sides to Saya. There is the blood thirsty monster that she was born to be, and there is the innocent high school girl that still trembles within her. In the movie she meets some new people who try to be her friends, and she eventually warms up to them and starts to be a little human towards the end. 

This movie was good all around and I would definitely recommend this to anyone interested in watching it.

Side note: The downside to this recommendation is if you're like me, you will want to watch the whole series prior to watching the actual movie.

Music: 2/2

Just like in the anime series, this movie had a great sound track and I found myself really getting into some of the scenes just from the assistants of the sound tracks. The music was dark and mysterious when they wanted to set a suspenseful tone, and it was intense and loud when the fighting began. This is one of the few soundtracks that I would actually recommend that you listen to from an anime.

Animation Style: 2/2

While I can't say this for every anime, this movie stunned me at the quality itself and the quality of the animation style. If you decide to watch the movie in HD, you will be stunned by the total awesomeness of the anime. The fighting was good, the lighting was good, even the shadows were relatively accurate. My extreme applause to the team that put the countless hours in putting this movie together. Not only was it a great movie to watch, the animation style was absolutely stunning.

Characters: 1/1

Unlike in the anime series, I actually liked the characters they presented in the movie. Though some of them were relatively useless at some points in the movie. The whole point is that they were pretty cool and they all had there unique personalities that made them who they were. They were so unique that even Saya, the now ruthless killer, began to warm up to them about half way through the show. For the most part each of the sub-characters that she met on her team, were amazing hackers who really brought their skills to the table in the final  battle. Like I said in the animation section, the style of the characters were also very well done in this movie.

Overall Rating: 9/10

Wallpapers:


www.japanator.com
abandonedfactory.wordpress.com

www.spectacularoptical.ca
bbs.tsunndere.org
www.animeblogreviews.com

AMV's:






Next time?


Next time as I said in my last Blood-C post, I will be posting a full length review on this anime's twin Blood+. I hope you are all having a great weekend, and this is Woodpecker signing off.

-Woodpecker

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, click "older posts" to view more, or find reviews by particular reviewers from the top. Thanks! ~Wolfe