-->

8.11.13

Woodpecker: Blood-C

Woodpecker reporting back in. I bring to you all my review on Blood-C. Before my overview I would just like to say that this anime is recommended to be watched in an uncensored version (or not on Hulu).

Overview:

This anime is by far one of the most gruesome anime I have ever watched, aside from shows like Attack on Titan and Blood +. Therefore if you are not a fan of blood and gore, you probably should not watch this show. For those of you who have not watched Blood-C and have watched Blood +, I would recommend this show for a different aspect of a similar story.

Plot: 2/5

Unfortunately for this anime I found it somewhat boring in its actual plot. It is basically about this girl named Saya who is supposedly your average every day high schooler. With the obvious twist that she kills monsters on her off time. In this similar to Blood + anime, the monster who feed off of humans are called Elder Bairns. These monsters are very strong and sometimes will mop the floor with Saya. Back to the story itself, Saya, from episodes 1-10 has no idea who she is, where she is from, or what she is truly capable of. Throughout the story though she gets small glimpses of her true self, as well as a time where she made a bet to a man who grants wishes. He said that if he were to tear apart her world she would change, and that the winner would get a reward and the loser would pay a price.

One of the troubling factors I found with the plot was that I felt like I was waiting for something good to happen for 11 episodes, only to be disappointed by the 12 episode by saying, "that was it?"

Essentially the plot was very dull and I would only recommend this anime for comparison purposes, or if you enjoy people getting ripped to shreds in the later episodes.

Music: 2/2

Though the anime itself was not that great, I could tell that the animators did put some time in putting in some good music to match the scenes in the show. I really liked it because they knew how to set the tone for certain scenes with the precise music to go along with it. I also found that the music gets even better in the sequel to this show called Blood-C: The Last Dark. Watching that movie was awesome and I would actually recommend the movie more than the show. Unfortunately for you if your like me, the show has essential plot structure to understanding the movie.

Animation Style: 2/2

The animation for this show was great, I had so much fun watching this. Saya helplessly tried to save people, who subsequently would get ripped to shreds right before her eyes. When I said at the beginning of the post that this show was gruesome, I really meant it. This show could easily give Attack on Titan a run for its money if it wanted to.

Characters: 0.5/1

I thought that the characters were good at times, but for the most part I did not like them to much. The main character Saya for instance, has her certain social group of friends that are all lovey dovey and then bam! They are either complete fools who just ditch their supposed friend, or they turn out to be some evil actor. Saya just as a character sort of bothered me as well. For instance, she is completely oblivious to common trends like when she is being hit on by guys. As well as being innocent and petty throughout the show when she is deep down a cold blooded killer who eats the same monsters she hunts! Most of this is just a personal opinion, I am sure there are some people out there who will disagree with me, but this is me being subjective.

Final Rating: 6.5/10


Wallpapers:


AMV's:



                                         


                                         

Next time?

Next time I will be bringing my full length review on Blood + as well as a possible Wolfe produced AMV on it, but we will see. As far as Blood-C goes though, if you want an anime with lots of gruesome killings here you go. This is Woodpecker signing off.

-Woodpecker


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, click "older posts" to view more, or find reviews by particular reviewers from the top. Thanks! ~Wolfe