-->

27.12.13

Birdy The Mighty Decode - Demothis

Hello! Demothis here again! I will now be finally doing the Birdy The Mighty as I have been promising for many posts now. Hopefully something like this does not happen again(oh who am I kidding, of course it will).

Birdy The Mighty is an odd series. It has been discontinued and restarted again many times. It is a story that I'd really like to see finished. Hopefully the more recent version(also the version this anime is based on) of it actually goes through and completes. Each time I go into it I am always hesitant at first, and by the end I am glad that I watched it. Each time it does not meet my expectations despite already having seen it many times.

Plot/Premise
After a weapon that is capable of destroying all life on a planet within seconds is stolen and brought to Earth, Federation officer Birdy Cephon Altera is sent to investigate. While investigating she manages to accidentally kill a someone and has to share her body with him while his body gets reconstructed. Despite this she still has to investigate and stop the revival of the stolen weapon while also letting the person she killed live his life.

Them sharing a body
Characters
Despite having some characters that I found the show could have done without, I did not find any of them particularly bad. The only problem I found was that it only went into depth the three characters and sort of tossed aside the other characters and only used them the further the development of the three. Having other characters that only have the purpose of developing other characters is fine, but when almost every single character is like this, even the seemingly important characters it prevents the story from having the character depth necessary for an engaging story. However, it still manages to make due with what it has, but what it has could be expanded further if it truly wanted to. Hopefully this changes and more characters get expanded upon as more is added to the story.
                             

Animation/Art
The art of this show is among my favorite(again, probably due to me watching older anime). The way it is drawn and used in tandem with the glowing effects they use give it a neat Sci-Fi feel. At times though the artwork can seem to get rather dull, unpolished. Towards the end the artwork starts to deteriorate, leaving it with an incomplete feeling. It does not stay like that though.

An Example

Overall
I give this anime a 7/10. I feel this way because of how it just sort of started to slack off towards the end. Even if it was intentional, it still gives off the feeling that it was rushed.

Next Time
I will be posting a vague-ish One Piece review that will most likely be highly biased. I will also try and post some information on how I will be reviewing larger 100+ episode anime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, click "older posts" to view more, or find reviews by particular reviewers from the top. Thanks! ~Wolfe