-->

21.9.13

Zetman Review - Roxas

Hey guys, I'm back with a review of Zetman. Just to let you know, I went with subs on this one. Before I go any further, I will warn you this anime is brutal. People die, and it can be pretty gruesome. There's some twisted stuff in this anime. Anyways, moving on.

Story - Something that this anime does very well is display innocence in a world of violence and showcase a twisted corruption born of misconception and a dysfunctional upbringing. There is an instance in the first episode that brilliantly portrays the loss of innocence in this world. You easily connect with Jin in this. Another great thing about this story is how it views justice, which is very poignant at some parts. There are some problems, however. At times, characters do stupid things that seems out of character for them just to move on a plot point, or to set up a fight scene. While I am normally a fan of some romance intertwined with action, it just didn't work in this particular anime. I did not connect with the girl, and I preferred the times when she was off screen. My last problem is the ending, which felt a bit too abrupt for my taste.

Music - Pretty standard fare here. Nothing really stands out. Theme song has a nice beat.

Animation - This is a nice looking anime, with a darker grit added to it for a realistic yet ominous effect.

Action - My gosh, this anime is bloody. Hearts are pulled out and squished. Limbs are bashed off. Unfortunate enemies are pulled in half. And there is a lot of it. So if that's your thing, you'll really like this anime. It's got some great fights, though sometimes I think they go too far. I am also not a huge fan of Zetman's or Alphas' respective fighting styles, as they feel a bit clumsy and graceless, making up for it with brute force or an over powered blaster.

Alright, there you have it. One more thing I'd like to say in closing is that I think they could have made the other main character, Kouga, a bit deeper. He came off as shallow and lazily written a few times. Still, this is a pretty good anime, and you should give it a try, if not for its insane fight scenes, then just for its great moments of story.

Score - 7.5/10
Wallpapers:



AMVs (Not too many good ones):

S.C.A.V.A by Hollywood Undead

Monster by Skillet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, click "older posts" to view more, or find reviews by particular reviewers from the top. Thanks! ~Wolfe